Mike Morse, owner of Morse Instrument Repair LLC, has been providing trusted care for brass musical instruments since 1981. With state of the art tooling and expertise, our goal is to support your instrument's best performance.
Brass Instrument Maintenance
Includes cleaning and adjustments for cornet, trumpet, horn, trombone, baritone, euphonium, tuba, marching brass instruments and others.
- Ultrasonic cleaning, chemical cleaning, or a combination of the two
- Rotary valve adjustment - including bumper replacement, refitting bearings and lever linkage adjustment or replacement
- Tuning slide refitting
- Precise piston alignment
- Case repair - including handle, latch and hinge replacement
Brass Instrument Repair Service
Includes (but not limited to) the following repairs for trumpet, horn, trombone, baritone, euphonium, tuba, marching brass instruments and others.
- Dent removal
- Slide alignment
- Slide repair
- Valve repair
- Quick access to replacement parts
- Expertise and tools to fabricate various obsolete parts
Brass Instrument Modification & Retrofitting
We work with the musician to adapt, modify and improve the way their brass instrument works/feels, depending on the player's needs and wants. Modification examples include, but are not limited to:
- Trombone axial flow valve installation
- Rotary valve linkage conversion (mechanical or string linkage)
- Detachable bell for horn
- Adjustable hand and pinky rest for horn
- Tuning slide stop and Trigger installation (fabrication as needed)
- Piston and rotary valve venting