Sell Your Horn
Do you have a French horn you would like to sell? We sometimes purchase used horns outright, or we can take your horn on consignment. Let us do all the work for you! See details below, and/or call us to get started selling your horn.
If you consign your horn with Morse Instrument Repair, we will:
- Inspect the instrument and recommend any repairs or cleaning to
prepare for sale.
- Research like instrument sales and work with you to arrive at a fair selling price.
- Advertise your horn, list it on our website and take it to trade shows which specialize in horn/brass.
- Carefully pack and ship the horn as needed.
- Collect state sales tax as appropriate.
- Provide an option of a 7 day trial period. (see Terms of Sale)
When your horn is sold and the trial period has elapsed, we will send you payment for the amount of the sale, minus consignment fee (12% or $200, whichever is higher) and any pre-agreed upon repair charges.
If you decide to consign a horn with Morse Instrument Repair, please contact us ahead of time to make arrangements.
How to Pack your Horn for Shipping
Because horns are an odd shape and fragile, care must be used when packing and shipping to avoid damage. It is more likely that the horn will arrive safely, and that the shipping company will honor any insurance agreement if the instrument is packed properly, should damage occur in transit. It is recommended that you insure the instrument, either for 25 to 50% of, or it’s full value, to cover the cost of any necessary repair and loss of value resulting from damage during transit. See below for more detailed instructions.