The Hans Hoyer K10 F/Bb Double Horn is the newest innovation for the orchestra. The design was developed in close cooperation with Markus Wittgens, Principal horn in the Gurzenich Orchestra in Cologne and is a member of the Bayreuth Festival Orchestra.
The K10 has a well-orchestrated middle range and a greatly responsive low register. An unknown ease in the higher area is obtained with a light rotary valve set, a full-flow switch valve, and an individually adjustable mouthpiece receiver – a pleasant, well-balanced set up for any professional.
Mouthpiece position in the Horn’s lead pipe is critical: For best response and articulation, each K10 is supplied with a selection of 6 different mouthpiece receivers to achieve a perfect fit with the most common mouthpiece shanks. (information about mouthpiece receivers)
Each and every K10 undergoes a series of tests by Markus Wittgens personally before being packaged.
Please note: This website is not an e-commerce site. Please contact us about a test playing appointment, for information, or to place an order.
HHK10L1A-0-0: Yellow brass, unlacquered
Inventory status: Not in stock. Available to order. Call for delivery time. $10907.00
HHK10L1A-1-0: Yellow brass, clear lacquer
Inventory status: Not in stock. Available to order. Call for delivery time. $11577.00
HHK10L1GA-0-0: Gold brass, unlacquered
Inventory status: Not in stock. Available to order. Call for delivery time. $12057.00
HHK10L1GA-1-0: Gold brass, clear lacquer
Inventory status: Not in stock. Available to order. Call for delivery time. $12727.00
- Key :F/Bb
- Bore :.468" / 11,90 mm
- Bell :12.204" / 310 mm
- Valves :4 lightweight conical rotary valves, 3B linkage system, full flow switch valve
- Features :Interchangeable mouthpiece receiver system (includes 6 tapers), hand-hammered medium-large (ML) throat bell (detachable), full-flow switch valve, detachable gold brass lead pipe, 3D adjustable finger hook, adjustable thumb lever and hand rest (flipper)
- Options :Additional lead pipes in brass, gold brass or nickel silver, regular or smaller taper
- Finish :Unlacquered or clear lacquer
- Outfit :Mouthpiece, rotor oil, slide grease, torx/Alan wrenches, cleaning cloth, Bonna case